Cassidy Rankine of Skymatics will walk us through the convergence of BIM and Drones in industry and discuss the use of drones related to UAV applications to civil construction engineering for project planning, progress tracking, inspections, and showcasing including 3D interactive photo-realistic models generated from the ultra high definition UAV imagery and photogrammetric point cloud information. Pairing UAV-derived models with web-based data content management systems creates powerful project management tools that are just beginning to emerge as a revolutionary tool for the construction industry. Here are some topics that might be of interest for presentation and discussion purposes with the cBIMc group.
Drones in Construction: The State-of-the-Art
- General applications of UAVs in construction projects
- Commercial UAV operations regulations in Canada
- Ultra-fast Land Surveys with UAVs for topographic analysis (i.e. cut and fill)
- Structure modelling with UAVs (LiDAR and Photogrammetry)
- UAV-based point cloud generation – scale vs accuracy, precision positioning, limitations
- Web-based UAV spatial data management – putting actionable information in the hands of the end user
- Emerging technologies for UAVs in construction
Please note that we will be abroad on business in the US until the end of May (24th) but would be available back in Calgary starting in June. I look forward to hearing back from you on the possibility of setting Skymatics up to give a presentation for a cBIMc event in the near future.
Following this presentation a social networking opportunity will complete the evening.
June 22, 2015 @ 6:00 PM
SMART Technologies Campus
3636 Research Rd NW, Calgary, AB